Moving Checklist for Long-Distance Moves
Our moving checklist will help you properly prepare for your long-distance move. The list will provide a helpful timeline of moving tips to get you organized before your moving day. Long-distance moving can be very taxing, and our goal is to provide as much information as possible to help relieve some of the stresses. If you have any questions about the moving checklist, please feel free to contact your Pasa Movers agent.
YOUR TO-DO LIST
A Month before Your Move – Moving Checklist
- Once you’ve confirmed, you’re moving date contact the moving company of your choice and make a reservation. You can always change a moving time at no charge.
- If you’re packing start purchasing the required packing supplies. You can get discounted packing materialson our site.
- Start to organize your garage, closets etc. Get rid of what you don’t need.
- Donate your unwanted things to charity.
- Start contacting the local school to transfer records.
- Get a change of address card from your local post office, or you can change your address online.
- Start notifying all vendors of your address change.
ONE TO TWO WEEKS BEFORE MOVING DAY
- Create a “survival kit” of items you’ll need for the final move out and include snacks for the last day.
- If you’re self-packing, label all boxes as you pack. Mark the destination of each room on the top and sides of the box, which will help you stay organized. If you’re having Pasa Movers pack for you, we will take care of this.
- Start scheduling your disconnects for utilities. If you have a landline, don’t disconnect it until after you move out. Arrange for any credits that are due, and arrange for connections at your new residence.
- Cancel the internet, newspapers, cable, alarms, pest control, lawn care and any other services you receive. We hope this moving checklist helps.
WEEK OF THE MOVE
- Mail your change of address forms.
- Clean your home or hire a cleaning crew.
- Finish packing and make sure all items are boxed and ready to go.
- Plan for your kids and pets to be out of the residence on packing day. It will help with the stress levels.
- Make sure you have transportation to your new home arranged.
- If you have any questions about your relocation or our moving checklist, please contact us.
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Make sure you read the Pasa Movers pre-move email. Also, make sure you’ve purchased additional insurance coverage.